Sunday, July 1, 2012

Life Sharing: journey to becoming an overcomer

Friends and dear readers,

 

At this point of my life, I have come across so much things on my mind and I guess one thing is to discover and acknowledge the greatest hinderence of this time. Mr. Fear. I would like to share with you part of a journal I have in this journey of life we all must walk on. Be encouraged, like how I was.

 

"Yes, the word "take courage. really strikes me as I was reading so much of material on learning and being empowered to overcome fear and giants in my life.

And then I was lead to open to 2 chronicles 16 and what strikes me was verse 8 "didn't the Ethiopians and the Libyans have many chariots and cavalry troops? But because you relied on the Lord, He gave you victory over them" and then I was glad because this is what the lord says when he said : "I am for you". And then I looked at another chapter of the same book and what strikes me was chapter 15:7 "But you must be strong and not be discouraged. The work that you do will be rewarded." it says BE STRONG! And the word of prophecy over me was "take courage" and that the word "take courage" kept repeating.

And then I open up the word again and there it was! Under the book of "3 young men" (good news bible, catholic ver), where they (the 3 young men) were thrown in the furnace, at the middle of the big fire, where by the fire did not lick them nor burned them at all. And they were singing of the praises of God (verse 63) on praise, honor, worship, singing, his goodness and mercy that endures forever. Amen!

And the. I turned to Eccleiastes chapter 3 "a time for everything" and again I am reminded about the seasons of God in our human lives. A time to sow, a time to reap, a time to cry, a time for joy, a time for mourning and time for dancing. Chapter 3:9 says: "9 What do we gain from all our work? 10 I know the heavy burdens that God has laid on us. 11 He has set the right time for everything. He has given us a desire to know the future, but never gives us the satisfaction of fully understanding what he does. 12 So I realized that all we can do is be happy and do the best we can while we are still alive. 13 All of us should eat and drink and enjoy what we have worked for. It is God's gift. 14 I know that everything God does will last forever. You can't add anything to it or take anything away from it. And one thing God does is to make us stand in awe of him."

And that's all we can do, stand in awe and praise the Lord and trust that he has our best interest at hand. Take his word today and claim it as the promise made by the God of promises, that whoever shall believe in him shall not die but have eternal life"

 

Sounds too good to be true? Cheesy? Like a promise made by a prince to a princess (envision a poor beautiful girl from the village that the prince of the rich kingdom had chosen to be his lover that had come and saved her from her poor life to live in the kingdom. The place that everyone talks about, the place of which news comes from, the place that all finances comes from) don't you wish sometimes that these fairy tales comes true for you? Get to know this God of Promises and claim it! No, it will not work like a microwave oven and you will be instant princess (or prince for that matter) but owever, work on it because it works!

Here is the secret....we have a helper and is ABLE. This helper is able to help us and the more we build a relationship with this helper, the more we are able to move! Eph 3:20. Check it out....share the secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment

..:Please feel free to comment here:..